Artichoke Leaf Bitters || Liver, Cholesterol, & Digestive Bitters || 2oz 60mL
Many of us know globe artichokes for their delicious tender hearts, but their leaves have shown numerous medicinal benefits as an overall health tonic.
In the thistle family, artichokes present themselves as a prehistoric entity, growing up to 6 feet tall, with vibrant violet thistles up to 10 inches wide. The bushy leaves, however, contain several antioxidants and components shown to help support healthy function of:
Shown to help the body process cholesterol more efficiently to lower LDL "bad cholesterol" and triglycerides while raising HDL "good cholesterol", as well as possibly preventing cholesterol formation in the first place*
Stimulation of bile helps the liver break down everyday environmental toxins, and antioxidants silamyrin and cynarin may protect your liver from damage and promote the growth of new tissue*
- BLOOD PRESSURE
A good source of potassium, it has been shown to lower high blood pressure in human studies*
Contains inulin, a prebiotic beneficial to gut microbiome health, as well as anti-spasmodics shown to support IBS, and bitter flavors shown to assist with heartburn, indigestion, gas, and bloating.*
Certain antioxidants — including rutin, quercetin, silymarin, and gallic acid — in artichokes are thought responsible for anticancer effects*
Artichoke leaf should not be used by those who:
- Have bile duct blockage or gallstones
- Are sensitive to plants in the Asteraceae family
- Take iron salts
- Have low blood glucose
- Check with your Dr. if you have hepatic or renal disease
- To support digestion: take 1-2 dropper squeezes directly into your mouth in a couple of ounces of water before or after meals. (Avoid masking the flavor, since the bitter taste is where many of the benefits lie.)
- To support liver, cholesterol, & general health: take 1-2 dropper squeezes 2-3 times per day, either straight onto your tongue or in a beverage.
- As a flavoring, add some to your favorite sparkling water, tea, cider, whiskey, gin, or Old Fashioned.
Please note: It is intensely bitter! With an undertone of the artichoke flavor you're likely familiar with
*Please make your own informed decision on the ingredients in this product to determine if it is right for you. This natural product has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, or prevent disease, or to affect the structure or function of the body.