Breathe Free Cough Elixir || Respiratory Immune Support || Coughs, Colds, & Asthma || 2oz 60mL
This Cough Elixir calls upon herbs that are traditionally used for their expectorant & mucilaginous properties...
That's fancy talk for: soothing airways & helping your body make coughs more productive so the junk can get out.
So let's support our lungs, throats, sinuses, & tissues to do the job they were meant to do.
This Cough Elixir may be a good fit for those who:
- Need to battle colds & flus
- Would like a vegan alternative to honey-based cough syrups
- Suffer from asthma (check with your Dr.)
- Experience chronic bronchitis (check with your Dr.)
- Recently quit smoking
- Live with a smoker
- Struggle with digestive irritation and IBS
It might NOT be a good fit if you:
- Take medications that are sedative (increased effects)
- Are on blood thinners
- Take lithuim, cholinergic, or anticholinergic drugs
- Are on estrogen replacement therapy
The Cough Elixir is made with:
- Marshmallow Root - contains mucilage and is traditionally used to create a coating to protect airways*
- Elecampane Root - containing mucilage & inulin, it has a strong affinity for lungs and the immune system. One of the ultimate herbs for lungs.*
- Ginger Root - strong anti-inflammatory & used to open up airways*
- Oregon-grown Rose Thyme - used as an expectorant & antiseptic*
- Peppermint - long used as a decongestant & for breaking up mucous*
- Organic Maple syrup - a vegan alternative to honey, since we've seen that it is sweetness in general that may mildly suppress coughs, not honey specifically.
All of these herbs have the added bonus of being used to soothe digestion, due to their mucilage content and volatile oils.
While this elixir avoids honey which is unsafe for babies, it is not recommended for use in infants due to the alcohol content.
Contains: Grain alcohol, Pharmaceutical grade Non-GMO RSPO sustainable vegetable glycerin, Althea officinalis*, Inula helenium*, Zingiber officinal*, Thymus vulgaris^, Mentha × piperita*
Store in a cool, dry, dark place, best used by July 2023
- Take 30-90 drops (one-three dropper squeezes) by mouth 2-3 times per day as needed
- You can take it directly into your mouth, in a sip of your favorite drink, or added to your cup of tea or coffee.
***Take 30-60 minutes after other supplements or medications, as mucilage can slow their absorption***
"Elecampane root has a long history of use in the reduction of cough and respiratory-related conditions like rhinitis, bronchitis, and throat infections.
One test-tube study found that alantolactone isolated from elecampane suppressed airway inflammation resulting from cigarette smoke exposure, as well as helped open airways
The authors even suggested alantolactone as a potential therapy in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), a chronic inflammatory lung disease that often results from smoking and makes it difficult to breathe (source)
What’s more, test-tube research has observed that elecampane can slow white blood cell activity and reduce inflammation in respiratory conditions" (source)
"Inulin is of the primary constituents of Elecampane Root. Among the many chemical compounds in this plant, inulin supports immune function and comprises up to 45% of the weight of the root.
It has long been used to help support normal mucous secretions, and provide soothing support to the respiratory tract. It is astringent and bitter and thus has been used traditionally to tonify the mucous tissues of the respiratory, G.I. tract, and urinary tract." (souce)
"Marshmallow root has been found to be effective in relieving coughs due to colds, bronchitis, or respiratory tract diseases with formation of mucus.
Marshmallow root appears to act as an enzyme to loosen mucous and inhibit bacteria. Lozenges containing marshmallow root extract help dry coughs and an irritated throat (study)" (souce)
Consult with a doctor before use if you are pregnant, nursing, or on medications.
Please check for allergies or sensitivity to ingredients or plants in the same family before use.
*This product has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, or prevent disease, or affect the structure/function of the body. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Not processed in an allergen-free environment.