Lemon Balm Extract || Nervous System Support || Oregon-Grown Alcohol-Free || 2oz 60mL
With a citrusy, green aroma and flavor, Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) has a bright, uplifting presence with both a physical and energetic affinity for the heart.
This extract is made with non-GMO, pharmaceutical-grade RSPO sustainable vegetable glycerin rather than alcohol, so has a very sweet and delicious flavor as opposed to a harsh burn.
Many feel that lemon balm uplifts a glum mood, and she is often worked with as an overall circulatory tonic, nervous system tonic, and digestive tonic. ^
Because of this, Lemon Balm extract is appreciated by many who struggle with:
- Anxiety, especially with depression or indigestion
- a heavy heart or glum moods
- high blood pressure
- nerve damage
- anxiety-induced heart palpitations
- Menopause symptoms
- Alzheimer's, dementia, or cognitive impair
- Herpes simplex virus
Lemon Balm is probably NOT a good fit for those who:
- have a thyroid condition or are on thyroid medications
- are pregnant
- take sedatives or central nervous system depressants.
For sleep support that includes Lemon Balm, check out our non-habit forming Tranquility Tonic
Or for a blend of tonic and adaptogen herbs including Lemon Balm to support stress, depression, & burn-out, check out our Solstice Tonic
Lemon balm as an antiviral: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/18693101/
Lemon balm being neuroprotective: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3555743/
Lemon balm mood & cognition: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12888775/
Lemon balm for anxiety: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3230760/
Lemon balm & alzheimers: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12810768/
- Take 1/2 to 2 teaspoons (2-10 dropper squeezes) by mouth 2-3 times per day (this bottle contains about 60 dropper fulls, so 2 dropper fulls (60 drops) three times per day should last about 10 days)
- You can take it directly into your mouth, in a sip of your favorite drink, or added to your cup of tea or coffee.
- Each person can have a different response and sensitivity to herbs. Some may need the lowest dose for a short duration, some may need a higher dose for a short duration. Others may need a longer duration and higher or lower dose.
- Start with the lowest dose for a few days and see how you feel. Increase the dose if needed.
Consult with a doctor before use if you are pregnant, nursing, or on medications.
Please check for allergies or sensitivity to ingredients or plants in the same family before use.
^For educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or mitigate disease, or affect the structure or function of the body.
Spirit Haus Botanicals makes no guarantee that any specific result will be obtained when using these items. The information here is not recommended as a substitute for medical, legal, or financial advice. The majority of the information listed has been sourced from historical folklore, tradition, and legend over which Spirit Haus Botanicals has no control. Spirit Haus Botanicals has used reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of the information provided, however, no guarantee is made regarding authenticity, appropriateness, completeness, legality, reliability, or effectiveness.