Helios Calming EFA Facial Oil || Full-Spectrum Calendula & Rose Extract
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, & anti-microbial*
- Rich in the acne-fighting essential fatty acid (EFA) linoleic acid*
- Infused with potently anti-inflammatory yet gentle rose & calendula*
- Is non-comedogenic & appropriate for all skin types*
- Leaves skin feeling surprisingly soft, elastic, moisturized, glowing, & rejuvenated.*
In ancient Greek mythology, Helios is the god and personification of the Sun. This nourishing facial oil is named for him due to its ability to both harness & protect from the sun's UV rays year-round... In colder months, Helios nourishes dry, chapped skin. In warmer months, Helios calms hot, inflamed skin.
- Struggle with acne
- Have sensitive skin
- Have facial redness, scarring, and/or hyperpigmentation
- Struggle with dry skin and/or eczema
- Are working to embrace age gracefully
- Avoid fragrances and/or essential oils in their skincare
- Would like an extra boost of concentrated skin nourishment
Here at Spirit Haus Botanicals, we don't subscribe to the notion of oil-free skincare. Here's why:
- Perform your evening face cleansing ritual as usual
- Massage a pea to dime-sized amount of Helios into face, neck, and chest
- If you like, use a jade roller or perform lympatic drainage massage on yourself.
- Allow Helios to absorb
- Follow up with your nighttime moisturizer
- You may also opt to just add some Helios to your moisturizer for a one-step application.
Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
Test for allergies before use by applying a small amount to your inner elbow or under your chin and monitoring for redness, itching, or irritation after 20 minutes.
Check the ingredients list for any known allergies or plants in the same family as known allergens.
Q: Can I use Helios if I have acne-prone skin?
A: Surprisingly, yes! Folks with acne-prone skin are often steered away from skincare products that contain oil, and that is likely because most commercial products contain yucky cheap oils like mineral oil and other comedogenic (pore-clogging) oils.
This facial oil is rich in linoleic acid, an essential omega–6 fatty acid (EFA), which means the body cannot make it on its own. It must be consumed or absorbed through the skin to get those nutrients into the body.
Since research has shown that acne sufferers have a lower concentration of linoleic acid on their skin's surface (which could be contributing to clogged pores) products containing linoleic acid are often recommended for acne-prone skin.
Q: Does Helios have a scent?
A: Only very subtly. Fragrance is one of the top skin irritants and even "unscented" products usually contain fragrance. This cleanser is infused with whole plants in order to provide all of their benefits and subtle scent, without the irritation. As such, it retains a light rose scent initially that quickly vanishes once absorbed.
Q: Will my skin feel greasy after?
A: Surprisingly, no! Immediately after use, it may feel like there is still some product remaining. That's good! We recommend using Helios at night before bed, to allow maximum contact time and absorption.
Q: Can I really put oil on my skin?
A: Each body is different, but unless you have had a bad experience with natural full-spectrum herbal infused oils, there's no reason to rule out the possible benefits.
Soaps and other lathering cleansers can strip our skin of the oil that it naturally produces, leaving our largest organ to try and repair itself. Each time we strip the oil away, our skin over-compensates for the lack of moisture by creating even more oil than is necessary. This puts us in a cycle of being tight and dry, followed by an oil slick. Oils rich in EFA's support and balance skin's own protective barrier, leaving it soft, elastic, and nourished.
Please make your own informed decision on the ingredients in this product to determine if it is right for you.
*These statements not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, or prevent disease, or affect the structure/function of the body. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. If pregnant or nursing consult a doctor before use. Not processed in an allergen-free environment.