Ashwagandha Root Extract || Mood Support || Organically-Grown || 2oz 60mL
Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera), often called Indian Ginseng, while not a true Ginseng, is highly revered plant of the Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine, and has been worked with for thousands of years as a general tonic.
Ashwagandha has been researched and traditionally worked with as an adaptogenic herb, with the goal of bolstering the body's resilience to stress, which impacts every bodily system.
Because of this, Ashwagandha Root extract is appreciated by many who struggle with:
Anxiety & depression from exhaustion or burnout
Sexual dysfunction & low libido caused by stress
- Neurodegenerative diseases (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's, nerve injury)
Ashwagandha is probably NOT a good fit for those who:
- take diabetes, high blood pressure, immunosuppressant, or central nervous system depressant medications
- those on hypothyroid medications should work closely with a doctor, as ashwagandha may increase the effects.
- are pregnant or nursing (while ashwagandha has a long traditional use during pregnancy and to increase lactation, safety research is lacking)
For a blend of tonic and adaptogen herbs including ashwagandha to support stress, depression, & burn-out, check out our Solstice Tonic
- Take 30-90 drops (one-three dropper squeezes) by mouth 2-3 times per day for 2-4 weeks. (this bottle contains about 60 dropper fulls, so 2 dropper fulls (60 drops) three times per day should last about 10 days)
- You can take it directly into your mouth, in a sip of your favorite drink, or added to your cup of tea or coffee.
- Each person can have a different response and sensitivity to herbs. Some may need the lowest dose for a short duration, some may need a higher dose for a short duration. Others may need a longer duration and higher or lower dose.
- Start with the lowest dose for a few days and see how you feel. Increase the dose if needed.
- Consistency is key with tonic herbs since they do not act as drugs do. Burn-out, exhaustion, and imbalances that require tonics don't happen overnight. They take time to develop. Naturally, the body needs time to restore its balance in return.
It is recommended that you only incorporate one daily tonic into your life at a time, in order to know how it is working for you and adjust as necessary.
Adding several tonics or blends may seem the fastest way to find relief, but if you do experience relief you won't know which blend to attribute it to. You can spend a ton of money continuing unnecessary herbs, or you can stop taking the ones that are potentially helping you. For this reason, it's best to start with one tonic herb or blend of tonic herbs at a time.
Consult with a doctor before use if you are pregnant, nursing, or on medications.
Please check for allergies or sensitivity to ingredients or plants in the same family before use.
^For educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or mitigate disease, or affect the structure or function of the body.
Spirit Haus Botanicals makes no guarantee that any specific result will be obtained when using these items. The information here is not recommended as a substitute for medical, legal, or financial advice. The majority of the information listed has been sourced from historical folklore, tradition, and legend over which Spirit Haus Botanicals has no control. Spirit Haus Botanicals has used reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of the information provided, however, no guarantee is made regarding authenticity, appropriateness, completeness, legality, reliability, or effectiveness.