Florida Water || Energetic & Spiritual Cleansing Mist || Plant Based Aroma
- Was mindfully crafted with 18 potent herbs, flowers, spices, & citrus that are all known for their protective, cleansing, & aromatic properties.
- Uses Oregon grown herbs harvested & charged under the October Full Harvest Moon.
- Has an aroma that is spicy, earthy, & green, with exceptional notes of citrus, allspice, and sage.
Use it for:
- Anointing, cleansing, and/or protecting:
- Yourself, your space, and/or your tools.
- Or simply use it as a refreshing and natural personal fragrance!
Contains zero added essential oils.
How to Use
Mist on your
- unlit candles,
- yoga mat,
- corners of the room,
- or anything else that may need energetic cleansing or protecting.
History & Appropriation
You may have seen commercial Florida water on store shelves and wondered what it is.
Florida Water was invented as a cologne and "cure all" in the early 1800s and was widely used in America. The state of Florida hadn't been colonized by the US yet (it had been by Spain), but fables of Ponce de Leon and his search for the fountain of youth in the territory he named Florida (which meant "the flowery") were used for marketing the cologne.
While used across many spiritual traditions, it became a staple in Voodoo, Santeria, and Hoodoo practices. Slaves in that time had to hide their spiritual practices under the guise of Christianity, and we think commercial Florida Water was one of the ways they did that.
There's definitely room for cultural appropriation in its use, so it is important to be mindful of the ways in which you use it, and stick to your own traditions and culture while doing so.
Test for allergies before use by applying a small amount to your inner elbow or under your chin and monitoring for redness, itching, or irritation after 20 minutes.
Check the ingredients list for any known allergies or plants in the same family as known allergens.
Please make your own informed decision on the ingredients in this product to determine if it is right for you.
This product has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, or prevent disease, or affect the structure/function of the body. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. If pregnant or nursing consult a doctor before use. Not processed in an allergen-free environment.