Hawthorn Berry Extract || Heart Support || Organically-Grown || 2oz 60mL
A tonic in the truest sense, Hawthorn (Crataegus spp) is one of our greatest and most specific allies in the fight against aging and heart disease.
As a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory plant, hawthorn has been worked with traditionally and researched to help tone and strengthen the heart and cardiovascular system, which has implications on nearly every other part of our body, mind, and spirit. ^
Because of this, Hawthorn Berry extract is appreciated by many who live with:
- cardiovascular degenerative disease
- atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries)
- coronary artery disease
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- grief, heartbreak, or emotional loss
Hawthorn is probably NOT a good fit for those who:
- Are on heart medications or drugs for hypertension, angina, heart failure, arrhythmias, beta-blockers, or digitalis.
For a bitter tonic blend that includes Hawthorn along with other heart-loving, stress and anxiety-supporting herbs, check out our Heartfelt Elixir
This plant shows more evidence to the benefits of whole plant medicine, since, despite the numerous reports and studies verifying hawthorns benefits on the heart, attempts to isolate individual constituents for pharmaceutical use have not shown significance in lab research.
The leaves, flowers, and berries of hawthorn, however, have shown to improve circulation to the arteries that supply blood to the heart, relaxing them and enhancing both the activity and nutrition of the heart, increasing contractility by assisting with how the heart uses energy and oxygen, rather than affecting the muscle fibers (the way digoxin and other potentially toxic cardiac glycosides found in plants do). Hawthorn works best as a tonic taken long term, for several months to a yearSources:
- Take 30-90 drops (one-three dropper squeezes) by mouth 2-3 times per day for 4 weeks or more. (this bottle contains about 60 dropper fulls, so 2 dropper fulls (60 drops) three times per day should last about 10 days)
- You can take it directly into your mouth, in a sip of your favorite drink, or added to your cup of tea or coffee.
- Each person can have a different response and sensitivity to herbs. Some may need the lowest dose for a short duration, some may need a higher dose for a short duration. Others may need a longer duration and higher or lower dose.
- Start with the lowest dose for a few days and see how you feel. Increase the dose if needed.
- Consistency is key with tonic herbs since they do not act as drugs do. Burn-out, exhaustion, and imbalances that require tonics don't happen overnight. They take time to develop. Naturally, the body needs time to restore its balance in return.
It is recommended that you only incorporate one daily tonic into your life at a time, in order to know how it is working for you and adjust as necessary.
Adding several tonics or blends may seem the fastest way to find relief, but if you do experience relief you won't know which blend to attribute it to. You can spend a ton of money continuing unnecessary herbs, or you can stop taking the ones that are potentially helping you. For this reason, it's best to start with one tonic herb or blend of tonic herbs at a time.
Consult with a doctor before use if you are pregnant, nursing, or on medications.
Please check for allergies or sensitivity to ingredients or plants in the same family before use.
^For educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. Not intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or mitigate disease, or affect the structure or function of the body.
Spirit Haus Botanicals makes no guarantee that any specific result will be obtained when using these items. The information here is not recommended as a substitute for medical, legal, or financial advice. The majority of the information listed has been sourced from historical folklore, tradition, and legend over which Spirit Haus Botanicals has no control. Spirit Haus Botanicals has used reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy of the information provided, however, no guarantee is made regarding authenticity, appropriateness, completeness, legality, reliability, or effectiveness.
Share this item: