Gaia 3-in-1 Hydrating & Drawing Skin Serum || Full-Spectrum Plantain & Dandelion Extract
A potent extract of plantain leaf, dandelion leaf, and dandelion flowers*
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, toning, & hydrating*
- An emollient & humectant, softening & moisturizing skin*
- A potent first aid treatment for drawing pimples, stingers, & splinters to skin's surface.
Non-comedogenic & appropriate for all skin types*
- Like beauty products that can double as first aid products
- Struggle with acne
- Have sensitive skin
- Have facial redness, scarring, and/or hyperpigmentation
- Struggle with dry skin and/or eczema
- Are working to embrace age gracefully
- Avoid fragrances and/or essential oils in their skincare
- Would like an extra boost of concentrated skin nourishment
- Enjoy a two-step facial cleansing routine
3 Ways to Use it
1. As part of a two-step facial cleansing routine:
Our skin needs both oil and water to be fully hydrated. Using our Calypso Cleansing Balm satisfies the need for nourishing and protective oils, but incorporating the humectant Gaia Serum satisfies our skin's water needs. A humectant is a substance that bonds with water molecules and draws them to the surface of the skin. For this reason it's important to apply it to damp skin, so that it can pull water from the environment rather than from skin's deeper layers.
- Massage our Calypso Cleansing Balm into dry skin to remove dirt & makeup without stripping skin's protective oils.
- Before removing, massage in 1-2 dropper fulls of Gaia Serum on top of the Calypso Cleansing Balm.
- Wet your hands, then continue the facial massage with wet hands
- Soak a clean cloth in hot water and hold it up to your face to steam pores.
- Wipe cleanser from face
- Repeat steam/wipe 1 or 2 more times, if desired.
- Splash face with cold water to close pores if you like.
- Finish with our Helios Facial Oil after for an additional anti-inflammatory boost
- Follow up with moisturizer and sun protection!
2. For daily facial nourishment:
- Perform your evening face cleansing ritual as usual
- Press a pea-sized amount of Gaia into damp skin on face, neck, and chest
- If you like, use a jade roller or perform lympatic drainage massage on yourself.
- Follow up with your nighttime moisturizer
- You may also opt to just add some Gaia to your moisturizer for a one-step application.
- Coat the affected area & cover with a bandage or damp compress to:
-Stop bleeding of cuts & scrapes
-Bring a blister or pimple to a head
-Pull a stinger out of a bee sting
-Extract a splinter.
- Add 1-3 droppers to a few ounces of water to use as a mouthwash for canker sores and inflamed gums
- Apply a thin coat to calm hemorrhoids
Check the ingredients list for any known allergies or plants in the same family as known allergens.
IngredientsNon-GMO RSPO sustainable food-grade vegetable glycerin, Oregon-grown narrowleaf plantain (Plantago lanceolata), Oregon-grown dandelion leaf and flower (Taraxacum officinale).
In one study, dandelion leaf and flower extracts protected against skin damage when applied just prior to or immediately after exposure to UVB radiation (sunlight) (Source).
One test-tube study showed that dandelion root extract increased the generation of new skin cells, which could slow the aging process (Source).
Additional research indicates that dandelion extract may reduce skin inflammation and irritation while also increasing hydration and collagen production. This may be useful in preventing and treating certain types of acne (Source)."
Please make your own informed decision on the ingredients in this product to determine if it is right for you.
*These statements not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not intended to diagnose, mitigate, treat, or prevent disease, or affect the structure/function of the body. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. If pregnant or nursing consult a doctor before use. Not processed in an allergen-free environment.